Junior Presentation of Learning
Monday, June 11
Junior Presentations of Learning
- 8:25-11:35 in Advisory Triads
Tuesday, June 12
- 8:25-9:10, Seminar 1
- 9:15-10:00, Seminar 2
- 10:05-11:35, Observe POLs & provide feedback
- Today’s seminars:
- School Culture Session
- Student Resources
Wednesday, June 13
- 8:25-9:25, Seminar 3
- 9:30-10:30, Seminar 4
- 10:35-11:35, Seminar 5
- Today’s seminars:
- Stress Management
- Common Application
- Senior Profile
- School Culture Session (Tuesday): This will be a discussion regarding several topics related to the school culture at Oakton High School. We will be gathering feedback from the students in order to find areas in which we can improve our school culture. Topics may include, but are not limited to, extracurricular activities, school spirit, Sense of school community, school environment, student recognition, school stress and more.
- Student Resources (Tuesday): Students will be given a chance to learn about and reflect on the assets that exist to help them be successful in their future high school year(s). Students will hear from speakers including current seniors about what they can do to prepare for the future and what skills they need to develop to thrive at their next level.
- Stress Management (Wednesday): School Counselors will speak with 11th grade students about recognizing positive and negative stress and healthy ways to manage their stress.
- Common Application (Wednesday): School Counselors will walk students through how to use the Common Application. This session will also allow students to create their Common Application accounts, view the essay prompts, and begin completing the application. Students will also be provided a Common Application Tip Sheet.
- Senior Profile (Wednesday): Any student who wishes to receive a letter of recommendation for college from their counselor must complete a senior profile. During this session, School Counselors will show students what the senior profile is and how to best complete it.