OHS Summer Reminders
Main Office Hours
Beginning Tuesday, June 14 we will transition to our summer office hours. We will be available in the main office from 9:00am-1:00pm, Monday through Friday. We have very few staff members who work throughout the summer, so we encourage anyone coming in to call in advance at 703-319-2700 or email the appropriate school personnel to set up a meeting.
Please read below for other important reminders!
There was a new immunization requirement for rising 12th graders for this school year that we want to ensure all rising 12th grade families are aware. Effective July 1, 2021, all students entering twelfth grade are required to receive one dose of Meningococcal vaccine (MenACWY) administered at age 16 or older, and prior to the beginning of school. Twelfth grade students cannot begin school in August without proper Meningococcal documentation.
Please provide one of the following documents to Oakton High School as soon as possible:
- An updated immunization record showing that the student has received the Meningococcal vaccine at age 16 or older.
- A note on a healthcare provider’s letterhead stating the date the Meningococcal vaccine was given at age 16 or older.
- A healthcare provider’s written statement of a permanent or temporary medical exemption.
- A notarized Religious Exemption Form which is available online at: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/support/health_medical/certificate_religious_exemption.pdf
Immunizations are available from your student's healthcare provider or the Fairfax County Health Department. The Health Department clinic locations and hours are available online or by calling 703-246-2411.
The needed documentation can be provided to the school in one of the following ways:
- Scanned and emailed to the school at @email
- Mailed to the school, Attn: Jill Hendelman
- Dropped off in the Main Office, Attn: Jill Hendelman
Please contact Jill Hendelman at 703-319-2810 if you have any questions.
This summer, the FCPS Office of Intervention and Prevention Services will offer virtual Mental Wellness Consultations from June 21, 2022 through August 5, 2022. Parents and students will have an opportunity to schedule a 45-minute consultation with a school psychologist or school social worker by phone or videoconference. Consultations will be offered in two ways:
- Directly to parents of students in any grade level. This consultation provides an opportunity for parents to receive guidance on how to support their child’s social, emotional, behavioral, and academic success. Information about community resources will also be provided.
- Directly to students in middle or high school. This consultation provides an opportunity for middle and high school students to receive guidance and support for concerns related to anxiety, mood, behavior, peer or family interactions, or school transitions and changes. Strategies and tools can also be provided to address academic challenges such as organization and time-management.