School Closure Resources
School Closure Resources for Families:
- Students should continue to check their fcspschools.net accounts, Blackboard and Google Classroom.
- Please see the FCPS Academics and Continuity of Learning Plan. This site provides a comprehensive list of available programming and many resources for students to access. This site will be updated as more resources are made available.
- Please see the Continuity of Learning Resources - Distance Learning Plan (look for the yellow light bulb) on Blackboard. You will see a link there to Middle and High School Resources that students can access.
- As a reminder, no assignments at this time can be required or graded. While many of you have expressed frustration with this stance, we need to ensure that all students have access to learning materials and supports. This is constantly being reevaluated and any change in plans will be communicated as soon as possible.
- Students are encouraged to stay engaged in learning in any way possible.
Mental Health Resources:
- If you are worried about your child’s mental health and are in need of support please email your child’s school counselor. They will be able to best guide you to available resources.
- You can also reach out to our School Psychologist, Erica Evert ( @email) or our School Social Worker, Rachel Cherian (@email)
- Students also have access to the Cougar’s Chill Spot site. This was created for our students by our school counselors. It contains resources around Mindfulness, Emotional REgulation, Health Habits, Coping Skills, and The 5 Senses. Students can access this site through our grade level google classroom sites or logging in when they click on the link above.
- Local Mental Health Resources:
- Food Resources for Families
- Ways to Support Local Organizations
- We are also trying to arrange a pick-up for families at Oakton to clear our pantry and ensure our families are supported during this time. Once this is scheduled we will send out the information.
- School Counselors have created a voiceover presentation for our originally planned Junior Parent Night. It can be found here.
- Digital Citizenship Resources
- Student Wellness Tips and Strategies
- Respite Care Options for Students with Significant Disabilities can be found at the The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Oakton Community Learning Opportunities
Who do we contact?
- Please see the Oakton website for a comprehensive list of staff members so you may direct your inquiry to the appropriate personnel. Some quick links have been provided below.