Senior Portrait Information
The information below is for students in the Class of 2022 only. Students in grades 9, 10, and 11 will take pictures through class in September.
If you previously took your senior portrait in June, you do not need to sign up again.
We at Victor O’Neill Studios, your school’s official school photographer, are excited to see you on the following date(s) for your senior portraits:
July 29 and 30
Location - Inside the main entrance at Oakton High School
We will have another available date in October should these dates not work and you have not yet taken your portrait.
Due to safety concerns during the COVID-19 crisis, we will no longer be mailing appointment notices home. It is safer to communicate with everyone through email and allows us to control the number of appointments throughout the day. Therefore, instead of pre-assigning a date and time for your senior portrait, we are offering you the opportunity to select your date and time through our new scheduling software. Please sign up for your session date and time here:
Out of an abundance of caution, Senior Portraits will be taken in clothing that the student wears or brings to the photo session and NOT shared garments supplied by the photographer (drapes, tuxedo jackets, etc.). Typically, these portraits are more formal. If possible, students are encouraged to wear a white or black top to senior portraits to closely resemble previous years. Students should also wear a shirt/top that has sleeves or straps as the picture only captures the head and shoulders. We are also working with the school to have the cap and gown photos taken once students receive them in the spring. We will have the following modifications in place to ensure a safe environment for students, parents, and our staff:
- We will have signage in place to encourage social distancing while students wait their turn at each camera.
- Photographers will not come within physical contact with any student and will stay behind the camera.
- Photographers and assistants will be wearing masks at all times.
- All of our staff will have their temperature checked before reporting to work each day.
- Anyone entering the room where portraits are taking place will have their temperature checked.
- To limit interpersonal contact, no “walk-in” appointments will be permitted for now.
We appreciate your cooperation with the following recommendations:
- We recommend that anyone with underlying health conditions not accompany the high school senior to the school for their portraits if at all possible.
- Masks will be provided to any customers desiring one.
- Give each other space and follow the social distancing guidelines
- Wash and sanitize your hands often. We will have sanitation stations throughout our portrait areas for your convenience.
- Most importantly, if you feel sick, have a fever, are coughing, have difficulty breathing, or if in the last two weeks you been in close contact with a person with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay home
- We strongly encourage you to reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household is feeling unwell.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to @email