Student Wellness Resources
How Oakton Can Help
Students have many experiences throughout high school that can result in a variety of emotions that range from happy and rewarding to sad and traumatic. Oakton High School cares about the well-being of every student. At times when emotions become overwhelming or difficult to handle, we encourage students to seek help whether it be for themselves or a friend. Parents and teachers can support kids too by familiarizing themselves with signs and symptoms of emotional distress and acknowledging that any student can experience distress at one time or another.
Mental Health & Resiliency
- Discover the foundation for building solid mental health and resiliency.
- View mental health resources and emergency services information
- View FCPS' Healthy Minds features
- View tips on building resiliency
Student Wellness Tips and Strategies
Feeling super stressed? Worried about a friend's mental health—or your own? Get tips to help manage your emotions and see what to do if you are in crisis.
- How to handle peer pressure
- How to help a friend in crisis
- Quick tips to lift your mood
- Ways to bring balance to your life
- Tips to ease anxiety
- And much more