TimelineAP Exams | PSAT/SAT/ACT | SOL Testing | Final Exams

SAT School Day

On Wednesday, October 9, 2024, High School twelfth graders will have the opportunity to participate in the SAT School Day. FCPS will cover the cost for any twelfth-grade student to take this test. The essay option and subject area tests are not available during the SAT School Day.

New for Fall 2024: The SAT School Day will be administered in a digital format.  Students and families can find more information on the College Board Digital SAT Suite webpages. A SAT Testing Notification letter is posted online along with translations.

Watch for school communication this fall with SAT School Day details and a form to indicate your intent to participate.


FCPS high schools annually host the Preliminary SAT (PSAT)/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (NMSQT) exam. The exam is offered each fall at no charge to FCPS tenth and eleventh graders. The date for PSAT/NMSQT exams in school year 2024-25 is Wednesday, October 9.  
The PSAT/NMSQT is administered in a digital format. A PSAT/NMSQT Testing Notification Letter is posted online along with translations.

Watch for additional information on this testing opportunity at the beginning of the school year.

How do I apply for accommodations for the test?

Students with disabilities who have testing accommodations documented in a 504 Plan or an individualized education program (IEP) may be eligible for testing accommodations for College Board tests like the PSAT/NMSQT and SAT*. The College Board must approve a formal request for each student. If the student already has College Board accommodations approved from a previous PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, SAT, or AP test, then no further action is needed. Once instated, accommodations remain in place for all College Board testing.

You can find more information on our website. The Accommodations Process for College Board Testing webpage provides instructions on how to request College Board testing accommodations, including the required input and consent forms (Enclosures 2-3). To request new or amended College Board accommodations for the October PSAT/NMSQT or SAT, return the input and consent forms to the school by August 5, 2024. When returning forms, deliver to:

ATTN: Rochelle Sherrill
Oakton High School
2900 Sutton Road
Vienna, VA 22181

OR @email

If you have questions about College Board testing accommodations for the PSAT/NMSQT, contact us at @email. We will share more specifics about the October 9 PSAT/NMSQT testing opportunity at the beginning of the school year.